Life Groups are about Community:
Remember the old “Cheers” theme song ?
“Making your way in the world today takes everything you got/
taking a break from all your worries should would help a lot?”
Well, we agree, and though we aren’t opening a new pub or anything (yet), but we do want to invite friends, neighbors and other humans for an opportunity to come hang out together and to develop new friendships with believers.
Lifegroups serve a few main purposes:
1. as an entry point into the church body. There are people who we can invite into our homes more easily than to our churches! In a small group setting, they can meet people and make friends based on the content of the group and with the comfort of knowing someone.
2. as the main representation of the fellowship and “brethren” nature of the church. The First Century church likely looked more like family small groups meeting in homes to learn, worship, and fellowship together. Even in a moderately sized church, the numbers are daunting for knowing one another… life groups allow us to meet one another and new people in a setting when we could actually get to know each other.
Our Life Groups run in 3 annual 12 weeks semesters. January, May, and September and sign-up months for those semesters… and our Life Groups are flexible and incredibly varied!
This first Spring Semester included Life Groups like:
- Financial Peace University – for learning and growing in community to a place of understanding how to live in financial freedom!
- Faith and Photography – a group that is going to travel around the most photogenic places in Tyler and, in fellowship, learn some photography skills together, while looking for teachable moments.
- Foster and Adoption – for people who are fostering or adopting or who want to learn more about doing it… and who want to help expand this ministry in The Church.
- Parenting – for people who know we can always learn more about being a great parent, and who want to spend some time with others who know it too!
- Smart Step Families – often, people who experience divorce or the challenges of becoming a step-family, feel out-of-place in church. Not here. This group is for anyone who wants to get a handle on this wonderful challenge!
- And over a dozen more! Being a great husband, intergenerational groups, men’s, women’s, missions, marriage, life…
Even if you are new to the faith, or the church, we welcome you to join us in living life together… disciples making disciples.