Life Groups are about Community:
Remember the old “Cheers” theme song ?
“Making your way in the world today takes everything you got/
taking a break from all your worries should would help a lot?”
Well, we agree, and though we aren’t opening a new pub or anything (yet), but we do want to invite friends, neighbors and other humans for an opportunity to come hang out together and to develop new friendships with believers.
Lifegroups serve a few main purposes:
1. as an entry point into the church body. There are people who we can invite into our homes more easily than to our churches! In a small group setting, they can meet people and make friends based on the content of the group and with the comfort of knowing someone.
2. as the main representation of the fellowship and “brethren” nature of the church. The First Century church likely looked more like family small groups meeting in homes to learn, worship, and fellowship together. Even in a moderately sized church, the numbers are daunting for knowing one another… life groups allow us to meet one another and new people in a setting when we could actually get to know each other.
Typically our Life Groups run in 3 annual 9 week semesters. January, May, and September and sign-up months for those semesters… and our Life Groups are flexible and incredibly varied!
Our Spring 2016 Semester includes:
Sunday Evenings at FBC South from 5:30-7:30:
- "Parents of Special Needs Children"
- "Forrest View Group"
- Women's Ensemble
During the Week:
- "Conversations on Discipleship" - Friday Morning @ Panera, 6am (Men Only)
- "Mobilizing Men" - Tuesday Morning @ Corner Bakery, 7am (Men Only)
- "Night Owls" - Tuesday Evenings @ 8:30pm (Women Only )
- For more information or to sign up for a group, feel free to call the church office at 903-595-4770 or email Elizabeth Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you are new to the faith, or the church, we welcome you to join us in living life together… disciples making disciples.